You are here
Château Bellevue Cardon - Château La Haye
History and Legend come together in Château La Haye, recounting that this residence served as a lovers' trysting place for King Henri II of France and Diane of Poitiers. Their monogram, H and D interlaced, is engraved in the stones of the Château. This royal monogram is now the symbol of Château La Haye and adorns all its wine labels.
Château La Haye is part of a long vine-growing tradition, with the first vineyard dating back to 1557. In 2012, Chris Cardon became the new owner of the estate and since then he has spared no effort in allowing the wine to express the very best of the Saint-Estèphe terroir.
Additionally, in 2014 Pauillac witnessed the renaissance of an excellent wine that had disappeared since 1956. Château "Bellevue Cardon" has rediscovered its origins thanks to the acquisition of vines situated near its prestigious neighbours in the appellation.
The birth of La Cité du Vin is an occasion for Mr Cardon to commit alongside the Foundation, which places vineyards at the heart of a project with a worldwide dimension. The owners of Château La Haye and Bellevue Cardon are the perfect example of a link between the history of vineyards and bonds with the outside world.