International Friends of La Cité du Vin
You are here
Discover the International Friends of La Cité du Vin
The International Friends of La Cité du Vin was created to actively develop the cultural programme of this original facility. Both accessible and ambitious, the venue is sustained entirely by private patronage funds.
Become an international patron of La Cité du Vin and contribute to a mission recognised as being of public interest, by financing:
- Two large art exhibitions
- Multiple events are proposed in the auditorium
- Activities for all from novices to experts, from young children to adults
Made-to-measure benefits for our worldwide patrons
As pillars of the cultural life of La Cité du Vin, you will be rewarded with numerous special advantages according to the level of your donation. Take advantage of the following benefits when you come to Bordeaux:
Passport to La Cité du Vin (entry valid once, for 4 people)
- Access to the VIP Lounge at La Cité du Vin
- Visit of the Permanent exhibition and temporary exhibition
- Special tastings of world wines in the Belvedere (8th floor of La Cité du Vin)
- Invitation to lunch or dinner in “Le 7” panoramic restaurant,
- Invitation to events scheduled in the auditorium
Passport to the Bordeaux Vineyards (valid once, for 4 people)
- Private visit of cellars and vineyards
- Tastings conducted by professionals
- Lunch or dinner hosted by the owner of the château, the director or the oenologist
Throughout the year:
- Your name on the Patrons’ Wall in La Cité du Vin entrance hall
- Publications about wine civilisations and our temporary exhibition catalogues
- The annual La Cité du Vin Patrons’ magazine
- A limited edition photograph of La Cité du Vin
- The opportunity to take part in exceptional events such as our annual dinner for patrons, visits and journeys to vineyards all over the world, dinners and events organised across the world.
How to become a member of the International Friends of La Cité du Vin ?
Possibility of tax reductions for patrons residing in partner countries
European and international residents, you can make a financial contribution of a general nature or for a specific project.
Take advantage a system for making specific donations, set up in partnership with foundations all over Europe: Transnational Giving Europe.
Transnational Giving Europe is a system that establishes a link between a partner foundation in your country of origin and the Fondation pour la Culture et les Civilisations du Vin, the operator of La Cité du Vin.
If you or your company is tax domiciled in one of the countries participating in the Transnational Giving Europe programme, you can make a donation in France and deduct it from your tax in accordance with your country’s legislation.
- Belgium (via Fondation du Roi Baudouin)
- Switzerland (via Suisse Philanthropy Foundation)
- United Kingdom (via CAF – Charities Aid Foundation)
- Germany (via Maecenata Stiftung)
- Spain (via Fundacion Carlos de Amberes or Fundacion Empresa y Sociedad)
- Portugal (via Fundacao Oriente)
- Bulgaria (via BCAF – Bulgarian Charities Aid Foundation)
- Hungary (via Carpathian Foundation Hungary)
- Ireland (via Community Foundation for Ireland)
- Italy (via Vita Giving Europe Onlus)
- Netherlands (via Oranje Fonds)
- Poland (via Foundation for Poland)
- Romania (Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation)
- Slovakia (via Carpathian Foundation Slovakia)
- Slovenia (via SKUP Skupnost privatnih zavodov)
Residents of Luxembourg
You can make a direct donation to the Fondation pour la Culture et les Civilisations du Vin, without going through the Fondation de Luxembourg, and it will still be deductible from your income in your country.
If you are not a tax resident of one of these countries, you can still make a donation and benefit from the range of benefits. Only the tax reduction does not apply.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact form at the bottom of the page.
See the section on the American Friends of La Cité du Vin.