You are here
Porto and the Douro Valley
For this second Guest Wine Region, La Cité du Vin is inviting Porto to showcase its vineyards to the public from a cultural and civilisation angle through an original and aesthetic exhibition. This key event in the cultural life of La Cité du Vin will revolve around a temporary exhibition, a cultural programme and associated mediation.
Using a multidisciplinary and sensitive approach, the exhibition will seek to portray the contemporary scintillations of a heritage landscape which emphasises the fusion and ancestral relationship between man and nature. It will reveal a tangible and intangible heritage through themes revolving around the aura of the landscape, knowledge of the region and the specifics of a unique microclimate.
Materials - bodies, words, images, territory, architecture will be evoked to reflect the special alchemy between air, land and river.
In true La Cité du Vin spirit, the exhibition, programming and mediation will enhance the global experience to reach out to both young and old by playing to their different levels of knowledge and sensorial experience through imagination, discovery and games.
- Nuno Faria – Artistic Director of the Centro Internacional das Artes José de Guimarães
- Eglantina Monteiro – Anthropologist
Why lend your support?
The entire production of the exhibition and its installation are paid for by the guest wine region. The Fondation needs its patrons’ support to set up the Salle des Colonnes in La Cité du Vin, to finance the programme and the cultural mediation which will accompany the temporary exhibition, as well as a media campaign to publicise the ancient culture of Porto and the Douro wine region to a wide audience and shed even more light on its sense and its importance.
For the occasion, La Cité du Vin will be dressed in the colours of this wine region: both the restaurant and the auditorium will participate in the promotion of our guest wine region. A cultural and scientific programme and mediation around this second Guest Wine Region will include guided tours, conferences, children’s circuits, tasting and discovery workshops about Porto and Douro wines, shows and cultural events.
Become Patron of La Cité du Vin cultural season
as an individual
Participate in the development of La Cité du Vin cultural seasons by making a donation. Any amount from €10.00 - IR and ISF tax exemption available.
as a company
- Become Patron of the programme and the cultural mediation of the Guest Wine Region Porto - Donation of at least €10k
- Become Patron of the temporary exhibition ‘Porto and the Douro Valley’ – Donation of at least €25k
The Foundation thanks the exhibition Patrons of ‘Porto and the Douro Valley’
- You will enjoy the benefits of being a Patron of a La Cité du Vin cultural season
- Thanks at the exhibition entrance
- Inclusion of your logo in documents linked to the exhibition: posters displayed across the city, exhibition catalogue, signage, web streaming, cultural programme, press releases and kits
- Organisation of guided tours for your staff and/or customers
- Invitations to the exhibition opening and the VIP dinner afterwards