You are here
Vines and People
Every month, La Cité du Vin invites visitors to the auditorium for a presentation and screening of a short film (26 minutes) on a wine region from the documentary series Des Vignes et des Hommes (Vines and People), co-produced by Grand Angle Production, La Fondation pour la Culture et les Civilisations du Vin and ARTE France.
The session is presented by Henry Clemens and Véronique Lemoine, co-authors of the publication Des Vignes et des Hommes - When Vines shape the Landscape.
The screening is followed by a tasting of two wines, led by the sommelier of La Cité du Vin.
The evening continues with an Accord Parfait (Perfect Match) dinner at the Tables Vatel restaurant.
- Greece: the vines of Santorini, the heritage of ancient times - Wednesday 9 January
- China, a revolution in the vineyards - Wednesday 6 February
- Spain: Lanzarote, the volcano wine - Wednesday 13 March
- Australia - the vineyards at the gate of the desert - Wednesday 10 April
- Chile: the secret of the three valleys - Wednesday 29 May
- Germany - the Rhine Valley - Wednesday 12 June
Why should you support Des Vignes et des Hommes ?
By supporting Des Vignes et des Hommes you enable visitors to La Cité du Vin to discover the diversity and wealth of vineyards worldwide, thanks to the numerous themes explored (geography, biology, hydrology, art & history) and the people who cultivate and study these vineyards.
The Foundation thanks Patrons of this themed area
- You will enjoy the benefits of being a Patron of a La Cité du Vin cultural season
- Company name and logo displayed on event communications
- Patron’s name displayed at the entrance to the event
- VIP invitations to the event
Become Patron of La Cité du Vin cultural season
AS A COMPANY
- Become Patron of a Harvest of Knowledge – Donation of at least €10k per season
AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- Participate in the development of La Cité du Vin cultural seasons by making a donation. Any amount from €10.00 - IR and IFI tax exemption available.